Free-trade zone in Dubai, (FTZs) are special economic zones set up with the objective of offering tax concessions and customs duty benefits to expatriate investors. Most of the free zones in Dubai broadly offer trading, services, and industrial licenses to investors looking to set up their businesses.
- 1 How does a free zone work?
- 2 What free zone means?
- 3 Which is the best free zone in UAE?
- 4 What are Freezone companies?
- 5 What are the benefits of a free zone?
- 6 What are the benefits of free zone visa?
- 7 Which countries are free zone?
- 8 What is custom free zone?
- 9 Is Dubai a free zone?
- 10 Which Dubai free zone is best?
- 11 What is meant by free zone in UAE?
- 12 How many free zones does Dubai have?
- 13 What is the cheapest Freezone in UAE?
- 14 What is the difference between Dubai and free zone visa?
- 15 What is difference between FZE and FZCO?
How does a free zone work?
A free zone, also known as a free trade zone, is a defined geographical area within each emirate. The fact that no duties or taxes are levied in the free zone helps to promote trade, especially the import and export of all kinds of goods.
What free zone means?
: an area within which goods may be received and stored without payment of duty.
Which is the best free zone in UAE?
List of best free zones in the UAE:
- Jebel Ali Free Zone Authority (JAFZA)
- Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC)
- International Free Zone Authority (IFZA)
- Fujairah Creative City Free Zone.
- Sharjah Media City Free Zone (Shams)
- Sharjah Publishing City Free Zone (SPCFZ)
- Ras Al Khaimah Economic Zone (RAKEZ)
What are Freezone companies?
Free zone Company – A free zone company is a company formed within a special jurisdiction that comes under a particular Emirate. As of now, over 40 Free Zones operating in the UAE as a whole. Free zone jurisdictions have their own regulations and have a government regulatory body called the Free Zone Authority.
What are the benefits of a free zone?
Free Zone Benefits and Costs
- 100% foreign ownership.
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits.
- 100% import and export tax exemption.
- 100% exemption from income and corporate taxes.
What are the benefits of free zone visa?
The key advantages of having a free zone visa are:
- Tax exemption. The visa means that you’ll be exempt from paying import, export or personal taxes.
- 100% ownership.
- Financial access.
- Lease premises.
- Fund transfer.
- Driving licence.
- Healthcare access.
- School registration.
Which countries are free zone?
- 1.1 Tanzania.
- 1.2 Libya.
- 1.3 Liberia.
- 1.4 Egypt.
- 1.5 Eritrea.
- 1.6 Morocco.
- 1.7 Mauritius.
- 1.8 Nigeria.
What is custom free zone?
‘Free zones’ are enclosed areas within the customs territory of the Union where non-Union goods can be introduced free of import duty, other charges (i.e. taxes) and commercial policy measures.
Is Dubai a free zone?
The UAE has a number of free zones across Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Fujairah, Ajman, Ras al-Khaimah and Umm al-Quwain. Free zones may be broadly categorized as seaport free zones, airport free zones, and mainland free zones. Free-trade zone exemptions are: 100% foreign ownership of the enterprise.
Which Dubai free zone is best?
The DMCC (Dubai Multi Commodities Centre) is a strong contender as the UAE’s best free zone. In fact, the Financial Times’ awarded it ‘Global Free Zone of the Year’ no less than four times.
What is meant by free zone in UAE?
What is a free zone? Free zones are geographically demarcated areas within the UAE (even if most of them are not fenced or gated) permitting 100% foreign ownership and are in most cases, dedicated to a specific industry.
How many free zones does Dubai have?
There are more than 30 Free Zones operating in Dubai. FTZs in Dubai and the UAE are governed pursuant to a special framework of rules and regulations. A Free Zone Authority offers business licenses to foreign-owned businesses.
What is the cheapest Freezone in UAE?
Ajman Media City is the cheapest free zone in UAE. This freezone offers investors a range of business activities and business license types at the lowest cost.
What is the difference between Dubai and free zone visa?
Mainland Company can work anywhere in the UAE, whereas free zone company required the help of a local agent or distributor to work in the non-free zones. An employment visa issued for a Mainland Company is valid for two years whereas free zones visas are valid for three years.
What is difference between FZE and FZCO?
Difference between FZE and FZCO: Free zone Establishments have single shareholder. Whereas a Free zone Company are similar to limited liability company. A free zone company has 2 or more shareholders.